This Music Mastering Pro course is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals of mastering and advanced mastering concepts. The course will cover both analog and digital mastering techniques, with a focus on understanding bits and sample frequency, and how to achieve punchy, shiny, and loud audio.
The beginners’ techniques for mastering will include concepts like compression, tone (EQ), and limiter, and the course will teach students how to insert and monitor master plugins. The course will also cover the threshold, knee, and analysis parameters of compressors, and how to create a master-ready mix while working with subtle vs. loud sounds.
The advanced mastering concepts will cover full vs. multiband compressors, channel parametric, frequency and gain, graphic equalizer, and frequency bands. The course will also cover advanced limiter and maximizer techniques, dither, and multiscope essentials, and how to create audio mix-downs as one track.
The multi-project mastering concept will cover layering and spreading sound space and mastering with Waves plugins. The course will cover the REDD console and the Studer J37, the Reel ADT and the RS56 EQ, the TG series console and processing, and vinyl mastering concepts, including cartridges, lathes, turntables, and vinyl artifacts like the tonearm, vinyl, and mechanical.
Lastly, the course will cover mastering conventionals, including the vintage tape and maximizer, reductive mid-side EQ, classical vintage compressor, multiband dynamic volume EQ, post EQ vs. vintage EQ, harmonic exciter, and imager, master buss compression, staying punchy and going parallel, and three ways to saturation: wide-narrow.
After completing the Music Mastering Pro course, students can expect to achieve the following outcomes:
- Understanding the basics of mastering: Students will have a strong foundation in mastering techniques, including analog vs. digital mastering, understanding bits and sample frequency, and creating punchy, shiny, and loud audio.
- Advanced mastering techniques: Students will learn advanced mastering techniques, such as using full vs. multiband compressors, channel parametric frequency and gain, graphic equalizer and frequency bands, advance limiter and maximizers, and dither and multiscope essentials.
- Working with WAVES plugins: Students will get familiar with various WAVES plugins such as the REDD Console and the Studer J37, the Reel ADT and the RS56 EQ, TG Series Console and Processing, and vinyl mastering cartridges, lathes, turntables, artifacts, and quick tips to do’s and don’ts.
- Mastering conventionals: Students will learn classic techniques of mastering, including the vintage tape and maximizer, balancing with reductive mid-side EQ, classical vintage compressor, multiband dynamic volume EQ, post-EQ vs. vintage EQ, harmonic exciter and imager, mastering bus compression, and three ways to saturation, i.e., staying punchy and going parallel, wide-narrow.
- Developing critical listening skills: Mastering requires an ear for detail, and students will develop the ability to listen critically to a mix and make informed decisions about the mastering process.
- Creating master-ready mixes: Students will learn how to prepare mixes for mastering and make adjustments to ensure that the final master is of the highest quality.
- Career opportunities: With the skills acquired in this course, students can pursue a career as a professional mastering engineer or work as a freelance mastering engineer. They can also work as a recording engineer, sound editor, or music producer.
Overall, this course will equip students with the skills and knowledge required to master audio tracks to a professional level and help them build a successful career in the music industry.
- Steinberg Cubase Pro 12
- Waves Plugins
Completing a music mastering course can open up a wide range of career opportunities in the music industry. Some of the potential career paths include:
- Mastering Engineer: The most obvious career path for someone who has completed a music mastering course is to become a professional mastering engineer. Mastering engineers work in studios to polish and finalize recordings before they are released to the public. They use their knowledge of sound and their understanding of mastering techniques to make sure that a recording is polished and sounds the best it can.
- Audio Engineer: Audio engineers are responsible for recording, mixing and editing audio. While mastering engineers focus on the final stages of the process, audio engineers are involved in the earlier stages of the recording process. Audio engineers work in studios, on location, and in broadcasting to create high-quality audio recordings for a variety of purposes.
- Music Producer: Music producers work with artists to help them create and produce music. They are responsible for overseeing the entire recording process, from the initial idea to the final mastered recording. A music mastering course can provide valuable knowledge and skills that can be used in producing and finalizing recordings.
- Sound Designer: Sound designers work in film, television, video games, and other media to create and edit sound effects and music. They use a combination of sound effects, music, and other elements to create a rich, immersive audio experience. Completing a music mastering course can provide sound designers with the knowledge and skills needed to create high-quality audio recordings.
- Musician: While not directly related to mastering, completing a music mastering course can provide musicians with a deeper understanding of the technical aspects of recording and producing music. This knowledge can be used to create high-quality recordings of their own music, or to work with other musicians in a production or engineering capacity.
Overall, completing a music mastering course can provide aspirants with a diverse range of career opportunities in the music and audio industries. With the right skills and knowledge, graduates can pursue fulfilling careers as mastering engineers, audio engineers, music producers, sound designers, and musicians.
Duration & Schedule:
- Course Duration: 3 Months
- Session Duration: 1.5 Hrs per session
- Classes: Monday to Friday
Additional Time for Question & Answer, Brain Storming & Group Discussion
Fees & Payments:
- Total Sum Payable: ₹ 30,000/- @ One Go
- Lectures 40
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 Month
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 289
- Assessments Yes