The Record and Mix Pro course is a comprehensive training program designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed to produce professional-quality music. The course covers all aspects of music production, from understanding music fundamentals and technical terminology to working with beats, taals, and musical structures.
Students will gain a deep understanding of Indian and Western forms of music, as well as key concepts like lead, rhythm, and bass. They will also learn keyboard playing essentials and the rules of music, including fixed, bending, and flexing.
The course provides extensive training on Cubase, the popular Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), and covers the hardware, devices, and connection setup required for audio recording. Students will learn about audio track recording, microphone basics, MIDI track setup, and recording basics. They will also gain an understanding of the timeline, time signatures, and tools available for recording and mixing.
The course covers the essentials of mixing, including working with EQ for vocals, piano, drums, and guitars, using effects and channel mixers, and the art of panning. Students will also learn about audio compression, maximisers, limiters, de-essing vocal tracks, and automation.
The advanced toolkit for audio mastering includes noise reduction, VariAudio vocal tuning techniques, control channel settings, and plug-in essentials inserts. Students will also learn about channel stripe and EQ, side-chaining, sends, and FX channels.
The course emphasizes the importance of observation and refinement in the music production lifecycle. Students will develop a critical ear and learn how to refine their work to achieve the desired sound and style.
By the end of this course, students will have a deep understanding of music production and the technical skills required to produce professional-quality music. They will be able to confidently use Cubase and other DAWs, record and mix audio tracks, and create music compositions that are ready for mastering.
The Record and Mix Pro course aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to produce professional-quality music. The following are the expected course outcomes:
- Knowledge of music fundamentals: Students will gain a deep understanding of music theory, rhythm, melody, harmony, and structure.
- Proficiency in Indian and Western forms of music: Students will learn about the key differences between Indian and Western forms of music and will be able to produce music in both styles.
- Technical skills in music production: Students will develop technical skills in beat and taal concepts, keyboard playing, working with analog and digital side-to-side, and using a DAW.
- Understanding of lead, rhythm, and bass: Students will be able to identify and create lead, rhythm, and bass parts in music compositions.
- Expertise in recording and mixing audio tracks: Students will learn how to set up audio recording equipment, record audio tracks using a microphone or MIDI, mix audio tracks using effects and channel mixers, and use EQ to balance different instruments.
- Mastery of Cubase and other DAWs: Students will gain proficiency in Cubase and other DAWs, including the ability to set up external devices and MIDI, create and edit audio and MIDI tracks, and use tools and plugins to enhance the sound.
- Understanding of audio mastering: Students will learn about noise reduction, VariAudio vocal tuning techniques, control channel settings, plug-in essentials inserts, channel stripe and EQ, side-chaining, sends, and FX channels.
- Development of critical listening skills: Students will develop a critical ear and the ability to identify and refine music compositions to achieve the desired sound and style.
By the end of this course, students will have the technical skills and knowledge required to produce professional-quality music. They will be able to work with a variety of music genres and produce music that meets industry standards. The course outcomes will enable students to pursue careers in music production or pursue further study in music.
- Steinberg Cubase Pro 12
career opportunities that students who complete the Record and Mix Pro course may be eligible for:
- Music Producer: A music producer is responsible for overseeing the production of a song or album, from the initial concept to the final mix. A music producer must be knowledgeable about music production techniques and have a good ear for sound.
- Audio Engineer: An audio engineer works with recording and mixing equipment to produce high-quality sound recordings. They are responsible for setting up equipment, recording and mixing audio tracks, and mastering the final product.
- Sound Designer: Sound designers work in the film, television, and video game industries, creating sound effects and music that enhance the overall experience of a production. They must be knowledgeable about music production techniques and have a good ear for sound.
- Studio Manager: A studio manager oversees the day-to-day operations of a recording studio, ensuring that equipment is maintained and that recording sessions run smoothly. They must have a good understanding of music production techniques and be able to manage a team effectively.
- Music Composer: Music composers write and create original music for various media, including films, television shows, video games, and advertisements. They must be skilled in music composition and production techniques.
- Mixing and Mastering Engineer: A mixing and mastering engineer is responsible for taking the raw audio tracks and creating a final mix that is balanced and polished. They must be knowledgeable about music production techniques and have a good ear for sound.
- Music Educator: A music educator can teach music production techniques to others, including students or aspiring musicians. They must have a deep understanding of music theory and production techniques, as well as excellent communication skills.
These are just a few examples of the many career opportunities available to students who complete the Record and Mix Pro course. The skills and knowledge gained from this course will be valuable in any career that involves music production and sound engineering.
Duration & Schedule:
- Course Duration: 3 Months
- Session Duration: 1.5 Hrs per session
- Classes: Monday to Friday
Additional Time for Question & Answer, Brain Storming & Group Discussion
Fees & Payments:
- Total Sum Payable: ₹ 25,000/- @ One Go
- Lectures 40
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 Months
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 289
- Assessments Yes